Monday 25 October 2010

Japanese Street Styles

I have been researching the different japanese street styles as i came across some interesting images of japanese fashions whilst browsing for haloween costumes. Once i came across the visual kei and dolly kei styles i became particularly inspired. I have now decided that my project will to be to take inspiration from these two styles to create an outfit and i will then do a photoshoot with my end result.

Dolly kei :




Visual kei :




Although these are two very different stlyes they equally inspire me. The Dolly Kei layered, busy, antique look inspires me with its use of layers, colour and lace. Whereas the Visual Kei style, which is much more punky and dark, inspires me with its use of holes in fabric, large leggins, metal components and also its heafty use of layered fabric.

After initial research and experimenting in my book with different designs, fabrics and components i began by making a few samples.

Some development of components in my book;


The components i use in my design are very important because this style uses a lot of different components as embelishment to create striking, busy pieces. If i get i rong it may just look cluttered and tacky!

No comments:

Post a Comment