Monday 15 November 2010

Mary Gregg project

After the visit to Platt Hall i developed my research through initial ideas, looking through images from the visit and sketching ideas as i went along. Once i got to the images of Platt Hall itself, rather than those of objects, i began to notice how creepy and ghostly Platt Hall looked. This gave me the idea of giving people a view of the back rooms via photos which have been editied to fit a ghostly theme. I would include a ghost story including information about looking for objects and about the rooms themselves.

Once i had decided this and made drafts of what images i wanted to produce to go with my ghost story, i realised i needed another short trip to Platt Hall to get some of the photographs i needed. I was luckily able to get this opportunity and made the most of it by getting many photos, more than just the ones i definatly needed to give myself a wide range of choice.

Here are a few of those i took..


















 





















I then edited the photographs which i wanted to make more spooky or dark to go with my ghost story, these are the photos i ended up with;

 Ghostly glove reaching to close the wardrobe.
 Translucent, smokey figure of a ghost in the coridoor.



I was origionally going to have a gloved hand crawling out of the side of this box. However, i tried drawring this on and decided it looked too comedy. I decide a less subtle approach was better.







 If it is decided that Platt Hall will go ahead with the Mary Gregg exhibition i will print both the photos and story on quality photo paper or canvas depending on costing and what canvases are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment